Texture Replacing Tutorial
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will teach you how to replace a texture in SMG1/2.
Tools you need
|WiiExplorer||A rarc file editing tool.|
|An Image Editor||Any image editor that can edit png file format. (Paint.NET, GIMP)|
|A tool to convert between .bti and .png.||Unfortunately, you will have to figure this part out yourself.|
|j3dview||A BMD/BDL viewer. Also lets us replace textures.|
- Find the .arc file in ObjectData that you want to replace a texture in.
- Open that .arc file in WiiExplorer.
- Locate the file with either .bmd or .bdl extensions. (If you cannot find one, then there is likely no model for that object.)
- Extract the .bmd or .bdl file to somewhere on your desktop.
- Open the .bmd or .bdl in J3DView
- Locate the texture you want to replace and right click it. Select "Export" from the pop-up menu. (It will be saved in the .bti format)
- Here is where you need to find a tool to convert .bti to .png.